Editor + Terminal
I use the
gnome-terminal that ships with Linux Mint’s Cinnamon Edition with
bash and a custom prompt from starship. The editor I use depends on what code I am working with:
- Web, Python: VS Code
- Rust: VS Code or CLion
- Android: Android Studio
- Kotlin (outside Android): IntelliJ IDEA
I also tend to use nano for quick edits on the terminal. Fight me.
My love for Rust extends deep into the CLI, and a lot of GNU tools are replaced with their Rust reimplementations for better performance and useful features. Notably, the replacements are:
|GNU version||Rust version||Link|
|GitHub|I have begun using Homebrew to maintain software on my machines so you can see most stuff I have on my PC in this Brewfile. I now officially despise Homebrew, and use Nix instead. Yes, I’m fickle, how’d you guess?
- CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (6c/12t) @ 3.2 GHz
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 710
- RAM: 8 + 8 (Kingston Value DDR4) + 16 (Kingston HyperX)
- Motherboard: ASRock A320M Pro4
Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15ARR with a Ryzen 3 2200U CPU and Vega 3 graphics.
- 128GB Google Pixel 2 running the latest stable release or developer preview of Android depending on what’s newer
- 64 GB Samsung M30s running OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10